The education of a child is a shared responsibility, which is why we aim to establish genuine partnerships with parents. We see families, teaching staff and children as equal partners in the learning process and would like everyone involved to contribute to the Nursery and local community in Phuket in a positive manner.
Parents are a huge resource and support base for the Nursery community. We encourage parents to donate one day a month as it shows the children that you are interested in their education and it sends a positive message that you think Gecko is something that is vitally important and worthwhile. Your contribution could take many forms and we have provided some examples to illustrate. We welcome your ideas and suggestions.
- act as a classroom helper
- mentor or tutor children with their passion projects
- volunteer in IT
- help organise, cater, or work at fundraising activities
- help to plan and chaperone field trips, and other events that take place away from Gecko
- assist with or provide cookery classes
- coach sporting activities
- organise or assist with a specific club or interest group
- help with gardening and recycling
- help the administrators prepare grant proposals, letter-writing campaigns, or press releases or provide other administrative assistance
- attend parent teacher association meetings
- work as a library assistant or offer to help with story time or reading assistance in the classroom.